REAL ESTATE LAW
At Scott & Scott Law, LLC, we assist clients with all matters relating to commercial and residential real estate. We handle a wide variety of legal matters, from residential and commercial closings to development planning. Clients rely on our team of attorneys and support staff to undertake all types of real estate transactions as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our litigation department and real estate lawyers work together to resolve disputes, adding to our ability to help clients with almost any real estate issue.
Our real estate practice includes matters such as:
• Residential and commercial purchases and sales: Our firm handles all aspects of real estate transactions, from initial negotiations to ensuring that closings are smooth. This can include title review, title defect resolution, document preparation, financing, inspection, arranging for surveys, and obtaining insurance certificates and government transfer stamps.
• Section 1031 exchanges: Section 1031 exchanges can have significant tax advantages, allowing the seller to defer capital gains tax on appreciated property. However, this transaction must be handled correctly, or the tax benefits can disappear and leave the seller with a large tax bill. Clients rely on our experienced and knowledgeable real estate team to manage these transactions correctly so that they realize the benefits of this type of real estate transaction.
• Leasing: We negotiate and draft leases and review lease documents for clients who are proposing to enter into a property lease.
• Construction: Our attorneys work on behalf of developers to draft construction contracts, service contracts, subcontractor contracts and home warranties. We work with local governments regarding land subdivision, zoning and environmental issues. We also assist clients with lien resolution matters.
• Zoning: We appear before local zoning boards for hearings, appeals and variance petitions.
• Land trusts.
• Deeding and title issues.
• Condemnation matters.